Some Outbound Travel Restrictions on Filipinos by the Philippine Government are
- All Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and balikbayans may leave the nation at any time, subject to flight availability. Must submit proof of overseas trip itinerary with departure within 24 hours of leaving residence or lodging on Luzon.
- Only one (1) individual may carry a passenger to the airport, and that individual must leave immediately after dropping off the traveller. The driver should carry a copy of the passenger’s plane ticket as evidence of transportation.
- No Filipino tourist shall ever be permitted to fly out of the country at any time and check emperornote.com.
- Land, air, and sea travel of uniformed personnel on official business, particularly those bringing medical supplies, laboratory specimens, and other humanitarian aid, should be permitted.
So, before leaving the Philippines, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) requires foreigners to obtain an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC). Depending on the nature of the foreign national’s stay in the Philippines, there are two sorts of clearances accessible to varied visa holders. Recent enforcement measures are designed to improve foreigners’ accountability before they leave the country.
There are two kinds of exit clearances in the Philippines.
The Bureau of Immigration of the Philippines has issued two types of departure clearances for foreign tourists leaving the country. The ECC-A is granted to visitors whose tourist visas have been renewed for more than six months, whereas the ECC-B is issued to holders of immigrant and nonimmigrant visas with valid alien registration certificates and I-Cards. These clearance certificates are available in BI satellite offices around the nation.
BI IMPLEMENTED STRONGER CLEARANCE COMPLIANCE
The BI has long required leaving foreigners to get a departure clearance, but enforcement has only lately been stepped up. The condition was established under the tenure of former Immigration Commissioner Ricardo David, who resigned in July of last year. Newly appointed Commissioner Siegfred Mison has issued a warning to international travellers regarding the possibility of obtaining counterfeit ECCs from fixers, questionable offices, and dodgy travel firms. If detected in possession of forged papers, violators will face immigration consequences (Reference: ” Inquirer“)
- How long a Foreigner can stay in the Philippines?
The 9(a) or Temporary Visitor’s Visa is a non-immigrant visa provided to foreign citizens who visit the Philippines temporarily for tourist, business, or medical reasons. Restricted foreign nationals must obtain an entrance visa prior to entering the Philippines. However, international nationals without restrictions may enter the Philippines without a visa. Upon arrival, most foreign citizens are granted a 30-day term to stay in the country, however, this first stay might range from 7 to 59 days, depending on the visitor’s country of origin. This first stay may be extended for up to sixteen months.
- Visa validity and the maximum stay duration in Philpines
Tourist visas are valid for either three, six, or twelve months from the date of issuance. Within the validity term, the holder is permitted to enter the Philippines. The bearer of this visa is permitted a single entrance into the Philippines.
- Bottom Line
Philippine Airlines may refuse to transport passengers who do not comply with all relevant laws, rules, and government regulations of any nation from which, to which, or over which the flight will be operated.
According to PAL’s Conditions of Carriage, the passenger is solely responsible for checking and complying with all applicable government laws/regulations of all destinations/countries from which, to which, or through which the passenger will be flying. PAL shall not be accountable for the passenger’s failure to comply with these laws and regulations, nor for any assistance or information provided here or by a PAL agent or employee in connection with these laws and regulations.
So before leaving the Philippines, you will need to double-check that you have the correct and have completed the required documents.