The thing which makes you happy, lower your stress and depression, and an elevation for your mood is no other than music. Why has music become essential for our life? Studies have shown that it lowers our blood pressure, we call it a therapy too. A good headphone makes us close to our music. In this post, we will review the best open back headphones.
We can enjoy and feel the benefits of music when there is no disruption. We all want to feel the music without getting suffocated. In this matter, Open Back Headphones best for all the choices. Why there are categories of headphones? Are they all not the same? Headphones are classified into the following categories:
- Open Back Headphones
- Ear fitting headphones
- Communication headsets
- Ambient noise reduction headphones
- In-ear headphones
- Mixed fitting pivoting headphones
- Semi-Open Back Headphones
Importance of Headphones
Headphones are required everywhere to take our essential calls and to get concentration on work while listening to instructions. The categories we have defined above fits any situation or condition of yours. Today we are going to reveal the 12 best Open Back headphones in 2020.
There are several features and benefits which have compelled people to use Open Back Headphones for music. Moreover, some people are using Open Back Headphones for recording. They provide natural audio and smooth sense of listening as compared to the closed-back headphones. The problem which people face while looking from the Closed-Back headphones is the no air circulation.
Why Open Back Headphones Sound Best
Closed-back headphones quickly get warm, while open-back headphones provide enough space from the back of the ears, not making them friendly. The soundstage is another feature that makes the audience of Open Back headphones to get open sound, immersive, and airy listening. Open Back Headphones make us listen to our desired music with accuracy.
Who prefers the Open Back headphones for mixing the more? The purist audiophiles and music producers need free back headphones. They do so because they must do critique analysis, and they want isolation from their surroundings while listening. Although the Open Back Headphones are not good in style, they are promising regarding comfort. The runners and people who do jogging, open-back headphones provide support by making them cut off from their surroundings.
Why Open Back Headphones are Best
The audiophile cans in Open Back headphones make them comfortable. The design of these headphones has been done according to neutral audio. Folding feature and detachable cables make them distinguish among other headphones. As they are audiophile headphones so are more responding towards DACS and amps. We have described all the reasons and features on why Open back headphones are becoming popular in today’s market. Here is the list of 12 best Open Back headphones in 2020.
Best Open Back Headphones for Mixing
These Open Back headphones for gaming and for other purposes have made their image as a perfect product in the market. We have declared these headphones on the number one position in our list. Because all other Open Back headphones with this price do not provide the features which T1 2nd Gen Ninja is providing. It has broken down the image of HD600s and has become one of the modern competitors in the market. Some are best open back headphones under 150.
These Open Back headphones 2020 are designed upgraded from generation 1. Germany has handcrafted these first class headphones. These are designed with aluminum to support strength and weight. Hanging metal brackets with round ear cups makes its design unique and powerful. Deep padded ear cups with the comfortable, airy layout. The design of these Open Back Headphones makes them depict the look of semi Open Back Headphones. The cable design is nondetachable, 3m in size, and double-sided.
The wide headband is attached with these Open Back headphones making them depict lavish look. It has a function of resizing with the help of dots present on both sides. Y-chord engraved on both sides and detachable cable. Colored hands with clear marked. There is no chance of distortion as it has solid sheathing.
|Sound: ||neutral, precise, spacious and balanced
|Cable size: ||3 m
|Amplifiers: ||64 ohms
|Cable feature: ||non detachable
Pros & Cons
- Braided cable with detachable feature
- Bold bass
- Neutral sound with a highly musical effect
- Aluminum built with handcrafted design
- Revealing design leading to cold nature
- It has a few accessories
- Looks lavish but somehow old design
Ether Flow Best Open Back Headphones
These Open Back Headphones are the first choice of sound engineers because of their premium nature. They are different in design as compared to other Open Back Headphones because of their lightweight and natural sound-producing quality. These headphones are timeless lively audio headphones. Their excellent quality with versatile features makes them a choice of everyone in the market.
These Open Back Headphones have different style with round earcups engraved with honeycomb design at the back. These black color headphones have blue highlights lines on it. Earcups have soft memory foam which ensures comfort. Its design supports large ears in its ear cups without pressure. Ether flow opens back headphones design support comfort with its leather made earcups giving a pleasure of hours music play.
Provide DUM cable and ensures a lightweight design with versatile features. Have planar magnetic features. V planar driver and waveguide right guide, which makes it comfortable for users. Gives a fast response with the independence of genres and punchy bass. Has a real flow driver for high dynamics and resolution. DJ style with an included carrying case.
|Color: ||blue highlight as sidelining, and full lack color, Gray
|Headphones style: ||over-ear
Pros & Cons
- Leather earpads
- Transient response with beautiful imaging
- Natural balanced, detailed sound
With advanced technology features and in affordable price makes it unique and demanding. It is one of the premiums designed Open Back Headphones for mixing with chrome features. It gives an essence of superb natural sound quality.
Their design gives it a lavish and fancy look. Their design exactly matches its design. Round ear cups with large size engraved with unique dots. The side edges of round ear cups are polished with chrome finishing. The upper part is designed in cloth, and the inner ear cup part is designed with leather.
The competitors of this headphones stand behind because of its lightweight feature. It is comprised of hybrid ear-pads with focus pad made with leather at inner and velour at outer side. It has lavished headband with great pressure pattern. Its features support high efficiency with excellent quality sound level.
|Headphone fit: |
|Jack plug: |
|Power handling maximum: ||6W
Pros & Cons
- It has stylish lavish design
- Accurate imaging with balanced bass
- Well extended and strong bass
- Treble bass with detachable cable
Has features just like HD 600 but with an upgraded version. Choice of a teenager who is fond of movies and music. Available in versatile modern features. The thing which makes it unique and different from other Open Back Headphones is the warm retro sound. These Open Back Headphones under $500 are considered as at home headphones.
Its design is made different from HD 650 by neglecting its greys. It came in a charcoal black designed version in HD660S. Its ear cups are designed in an oval shape with the large racetrack. Velour drapes and dense padding is mounted in these oval-shaped ear cups. The fatigues element is minimized in these Open Back Headphones providing comfort for extended usage. It has a detachable designed cable with a length of 3m. Proprietary jacks support its connection to the earcups.
They provide features of low harmonic distortion with improved transducers. It has the wealthiest audio signatures as compared to other Open Back Headphones with mic. Their ear cups are designed depicting the shape and sound of speakers. It has spacious soundstage with shining imaging. Thick bass but with pleasant quality.
|Ear coupling: |
|Impedance:|| 150 ohm
Pros & Cons
- The earpads with replaceable cables
- Punchy bass with a tight texture
- Fun sound with vibrant bass
- Perfect imaging
- Versatile rich soundstage
If we are searching for the best professional set of Open Back Headphones for recording, gaming and mixing, then it is the best choice. It has a unique design style and versatile features which make it comfortable with smooth neutral sound quality. Its sound signature makes professional music audiophiles and casual listeners enamored by its sound quality. Their quality is the promising feature which makes people its fan. Moreover, this headphone also considered as the Open Back Headphones for music.
Its design is made according to lightweight design. Its design supports just 7.4 ounces. The earpads are detachable, and they look great without ear pads. Its headband is made according to the rear suspension, comprised of two headbands. It has an adjustable shape which supports two padded wings. Its metal band is designed, which helps and provide comfort to large head people.
y-cable detaching ability and maintained stereo orientation. This y-cable encompasses up to 10 foot, finally get to a headphone jack. It has a function of tight balance providing comfort with elegance. They offer natural smooth sound with accuracy. It has open soundstage, and they support many hours of continuous listening without fatigue. It is DJ style, foldable lightweight microphone.
|Resin: ||carbon composite
Pros & Cons
- Extremely light in weight
- Neutral and smooth musical sound
- Removable earpads with detachable cable
- Full expanded bass with stable quality
- Imaging real and excellent quality
These are the most durable and reliable Open Back Headphones with mic in the market. These headphones are made according to the new advanced technological features. It comes at different, exciting prices. The response of its bass is secure, and audio quality is flawless.
These headphones come in gray and black color matching with a class of elegance. Its design supports large and round ear cups with brushed aluminum finishing. Metal and plastic combined are used to manufacture earpieces. Ear cups have uniform lines of dots, which make their appearance unique and stylish.
The most exciting feature of these unique style headphones are the velour ear pads. Its ear pads are ventilated with soft grey microfiber feature. They have characteristics different from the leather earpads and free from sweating. It has a cable of 10 foot. It has decreased impedance, so its portability with other devices increases.
|Sound quality: |
|strong bass and transparent
|Impedance: ||600 ohms
|Application:|| home enjoyment
Pros & Cons
- Velour Earpads
- Effortless audio with neutral sound quality
- It provides three impendence choices
- Its design is according to metal reinforced
- Strong bass and vast soundstage
- It contains attached cable permanently
Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision Stereo Headphone
This is the most stylish and cheap Open Back Headphones under budget on our list. It provides neutral, smooth, natural audio at affordable rates. They provide cool features with an increased comfort level.
Designed in one color, and that is black, a sign of elegance and grace. Have oval ear cups with the great racetrack. Have open ear pads. Their design is comprised of foam sheath material. They are light in weight, but their plan is somehow old fashioned.
They are comprised of a detachable cable. 3.5mm jack is used to get a lump in one earcup. Its connections make its cable replaceable. It also contains a 6.3mm adapter with the soundstage. It has punch bass and compatible with other portable devices.
Pros & Cons
- Detachable cable with perfect imaging
- Open and smooth soundstage
- Low prices
- Balanced and detailed sound quality
- Earpads depict the shallow design
The Sennheiser HD 800 S are fabulous sounding headphones for serious tuning. They’re agreeable and have the reliable, sturdy form quality, yet like generally open back basic models of listening, they’re not exceptionally adaptable. They’re not intended for outside or to utilize coolly; however, connected to an amp; they convey an excellent listening experience. Sennheiser’s new excellent quality headphones are a treat and a conclusive advance up from the standard version.
- Further optimized reference class in wired headphones
- Open, circum-aural unique stereo headphones
- Enhanced sound reproduction accomplished through absorbed innovation.
- High-class matte dark metal parts
- Natural hearing experience – a practical and characteristic sound field with insignificant reverberation
- Biggest transducers utilized in headphones including new inventive, robust transducer design
- Uncovered earcups for improved acoustics
- Handcrafted ear cushions, made of top-notch microfiber fabric
- Metal headband with an internal damping component
- Specially tuned adjusted, impedance coordinating wire with low capacitance
- Special high exactness headphone connectors
- Two-year warranty
- A cable with 6.35 mm jack plug
- A cord with a balanced 4.4 mm jack plug
- Optional adornment: wire with adjusted XLR-4 connector
- Open back, around-ear, reference class dynamic headphones.
- 56mm ring radiator transducers are the most noteworthy drivers utilized in active headphones.
- Innovative absorber innovation decreases undesirable recurrence reaction peaks permitting all the music subtleties to get perceptible.
Pros & Cons
- Excellent sound reproduction.
- Durable and robust build quality.
- Comfortable design.
- Detailed and understandable sound
- Nicely adjusted presentation
- Composed and refined
- It designed to utilized in a well-detached room.
- Sensitive to surrounding noise by design.
- Bulky and overwhelming.
- You’ll require a decent source and enhancement to hear what they can do.
HIFIMAN Ananda Over-Ear Magnetic Headphones
The HIFIMAN Ananda are over-ear planar headphones intended to detailed communicate, dynamic recurrence reproduction for audiophiles and music devotees in homes, listening rooms, and acoustically controlled surroundings. The open-back design and window-shade grilles decrease reverberation and reflections along these lines adding to straightforwardness. The HiFiMan Ananda headphones convey staggering sound performance, providing an eminent feeling of room and detail.
- Planar Driver Type
- Over-Ear (Circumaural) Design
- Open-Back Earcup Style
- 103 dB Sensitivity
- 25 Ohms Impedance
- 5 m Cable Length
- 399 g Weight
- Thin, Responsive diaphragms
- 8 Hz to 55 kHz Frequency response
- High Affectability
- Window Shade Grill Design
- Asymmetrical Ear Cups
- Unparalleled Convenient Sound Execution
Pros & Cons
- Excellent sound reproduction.
- A desirable headband.
- Remarkable sound performance.
- Comfortable over long listening sessions.
- Ships with two detachable wires.
- Poor seclusion by design.
- Bulky and awkward ear cups.
- Open design spills sound.
- Cables need inline remote control or mic.
Astro A40 TR Headset + MixAmp Pro
The Astro A40 2019 TR + MixAmp Pro fourth Era are astounding gaming headphones that have a genuinely decent sound reproduction and a magnificent amplifier for online games. They keep the equivalent agreeable and robust form of the past Astro A40 model. They have a recently designed MixAmp; however, everything offers equal various inputs and controls, just on an even plan. Astro Gaming’s A40 TR Headset with MixAmp Pro TR is a top-notch wired gaming headset/amp combination that provides a genuinely agreeable fit and fantastic sound at a premium cost.
- Over-the-Ear Headphone Fit.
- Gaming Style.
- No Adjustable Headband.
- No Foldable Structure.
- Tuned for Gaming with ASTRO Sound: Optimized by ASTRO sound engineers and pro gamers, highlighting Dolby 7.1 Encompass Sound.
- Superior Fit and Finish: Premium materials and construction, exceptionally movable and lightweight
- Mod Kit Ready: go from an open-back to closed-back noise detaching headset with swappable Mod Kit components (sold independently)
- ASTRO Command Center: tweak each MixAmp Pro input and output, make custom EQ settings
- Native Xbox One Compatibility: voice talk empowered with no chat connector required. Frequency response 20 to 20,000 Hz, Headband pressure 2.6N
- All current ASTRO Gaming products designed for Xbox One will offer persistent similarity on future Xbox consoles.
Pros & Cons
- Comfortable and robust design.
- Excellent sound reproduction with EQ and presets.
- Great amplifier.
- Light, the sturdy design feels premium.
- Abundantly sound customization choices through the Astro Command application.
- Robust materials and magnificent built quality
- Astro signature customizability
- Modernized design
- MixAmp includes enormous amounts of functionality.
- Suitable for both PC and consoles
- Massive design.
- Weak noise detention, by design.
- Expensive for a wired-just headset.
- PS4 Slim clients need an HDMI splitter.
- Very costly
- Audio isn’t superior to the previous version
- Earcup gets very warm.
- MixAmp lost power key and LED controls.
- Not extraordinary for the family room setup.
Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Headphone
The Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee is impressive-sounding open-back headphones. A joint effort among Sennheiser and Massdrop and can buy on the Drop website. Fundamentally the same as other Sennheiser models like the Sennheiser HD 600 and the Sennheiser HD 650. They are agreeable headphones that ought to utilize for critical l in listening and won’t be flexible for different other users.
- Massdrop x Sennheiser
- Glossy dark headband, grey metal grilles
- Over-ear (circumaural) Ear coupling
- Open, dynamic Transducer rule
- 150 ohms Impedance
- 12–38,500 Hz (- 10 dB) Frequency Range
- < 0.1% at 1 kHz, 100 dB THD + N
- 104 dB at 1V, 1 kHz Sound pressure level
- ⅛ in (3.5 mm) gold-plated stereo jack plug Connector
- 6 ft (1.8 m) OFC, separable Cable
- Weight without wire is approx. 9.2 oz (260 g)
- Individually serialized
Pros & Cons
- Great sound reproduction.
- Comfortable and sturdy style.
- Improved value
- Overall sound quality
- Bass reaction
- Strong 6-foot wire
- Large spillage and low isolation by design.
- Skintight fit and awkward for some users.
- Plastic built
SUPERLUX HD 681 Open Back Headphone
The Superlux HD 681 is fundamentally the same as the HD 668B fit as a shape and sound. They’re more agreeable gratitude to the distinctive headband configuration that is not as tight on the head. They likewise sound superior to anything a ton of pricier headphones, however, they’re not exceptionally adaptable. They’re lumbering; they don’t obstruct a lot of noise and quite a lot, so they best utilized in isolation.
- Dynamic, 50mm Neodymium Drivers
- Circumaural, Semi-Open design
- Self-Changing Headband
- Lightweight and Agreeable Fit
- Circumaural, semi-open stereo headphones planned for use in professional applications
- Dynamic, 50mm drivers convey rich, offset sound with high goals, vast full range, and superb stereo imaging.
- Neodymium magnets for most extreme energy and least size
- Comfortable ergonomic design with self-modifying headband – can be turned for single-ear checking.
- Single-sided, straight wire – 8.2′ long
- Lightweight, sturdy construction
- Protective storing pouch and gold-plated 1/4″ connector included
Pros & Cons
- Good sound quality.
- Lightweight design.
- Excellent bass
- Clear, fit as a well-resolved mids.
- Very brilliant and definite highs
- Open, wide sound
- Refined sound
- Top Value for Money
- Highly productive response to EQ
- Great self-modifying
- Superb comfort and fit
- Sensitive to noisy situations by design.
- Plasticky build quality.
In this post, we have discussed 7 Best Open Back Headphones for gaming. In a detailed summary, we put together 7 headphones and compared them by checking the specifications and pros & cons. So it is easy for you to choose which Open Back Headphones best suits you and is perfect for you.