14 Top Headphones Under $500 Reviews
In this post, we discussed 5 Best Headphones Under 500. Which includes features, design, pros & cons. Our own opinion which headphone is best for you in which situation. The 5 Best Headphones listed here are one of the best we found and shared insight in detail.
Before the existence of headphones, some loudspeakers emit a sound to all of its surroundings. And all can hear their music. There was no privacy in speakers because everybody near the speakers can listen to the sound of loudspeakers. If somebody doesn’t want to hear the music of loudspeakers. He cannot resist it’s sound if he is around, so it was also an issue. Due to these reasons, the need for headphones was felt.
The best headphone is a set of two small speakers that a person can wear over his head to his or her ears. Headphones are electroacoustic transducers. Transducers are that device which converts one form of energy to another form of energy. They are electroacoustic transducers because they convert an electric signal to sound.
Speakers or Headphones Your Choice
Contrary to loudspeakers, the user of headphones can listen to any sound from a specific source privately. Headphones are often called by the names of earphones or Hands-free speakers. In another type of this handsfree- speakers the speakers of headphones are so tiny that a user can plug into his ear’s canal. Headphones can be connected to many electronic devices. The headphone was developed at the end of the nineteenth century because of the need for telephone operators.
In the galaxy of studio headphones, some pairs are such a premium exception. But these pairs are not accessible by everyone because of their high prices. Sometimes prices of this kind of headphones go beyond $3,000, which is also not affordable to some professionals. But in the race of quality and deep listening of any kind of sound some headphones are present which can deliver the same taste and superb sound under 500.
Here is the list of top 5 Best Headphones Under 500
Best Under $50
A deep, incredible sounding can set for those on a spending limit. The AKG K72 is reasonable headphones of the sort you’re bound to find in a music studio instead of out in the city.
- 40mm Drivers
- Over-Ear and Lightweight design
- Closed-Back for Most extreme Isolation
- Self-Changing Headband
- Closed-back Style
- Cable length is 3m
- No In-line remote and mic
- Connector: 3.5mm
- Weight: 200g
Pros & Cons
- Crystal clear sound
- Over-ear design
- Excellent esteem
- Very agreeable
- Large, roomy sound
- Colored, square-shaped mids
- Lacks bass
- Not the most compact design
If you want to listen to music continuously, it gives you perfection. It provides you deep bass sounds by Bluetooth. One thing that is astonishing in this headphone is the battery time. On standby mode, it is of 250 hours, and while using continuously, it is for 20 hours. Bass booting and fidelity with high performance. Here is all in one. These headphones respond amazingly to frequencies that lye between 20 Hz to 2okhz. These headphones are with microphone providing crisp sound quality. You can consider this as one of the Best Headphones Under 500.
The color of these headphones is black. It contains in socket design of 3.55mm standard audio. It has a built-in microphone. The design follows the Bluetooth stereo headphones. We can control the music player with ease due to its comfortable design. Designed to monitor phone calls and media. Wireless headphones
which are outlined in the budget. The comfortable earcups with extended range connectivity of Bluetooth. The shiny metal finishing with a brush makes it different. The loose fit design but long-lasting wear. The design is overall light and essential with metal hinges and plastic frames.
The features of this headphone lye in the category of extremely affordable and highly qualitative headphones. MPow 059 Bluetooth headphones
and this headphone’s features match a lot. The difference is in sound quality. These headphones features support rich bass. Its battery life is we can say more than enough. These features are Best Headphones Under 500
|Wireless or wired: ||both
|Connection: ||Bluetooth 4.0
|Removable cable: ||yes
|Active noise cancellation: ||No
|Product brand: ||Ausdom
|Controls: ||physical on-ear buttons
As this headphone has versatile features, this is one of the Best Headphones Under 500 to purchase.
Pros & Cons:
- Connectivity of solid wireless technology
- Battery best for dedicated usage of 20 hours
- Bluetooth technology with high-resolution frequency
- Overall it is suitable regarding price, means cheap but it also gives a dirty feeling in terms of control buttons
- These headphones, due to its features and design, provide the poor noise isolation quality.
- The response of frequency is uneven
- Bit uncomfortable
GRADO SR80e Open Back Stereo Headphones
The Grado SR80e are open-back headphones with froth cushions that are porous. They shut out no noise. In that capacity, the Grado SR80e best utilized in a tranquil atmosphere, where sound spillage won’t end up being an irritation. Their fit is uncommon. Does retro look with extraordinary sound? It must be Grado.
- 40mm dynamic drivers
- 5mm wire with 6.3mm connector included
- 8m wire
- Open-back cups
- Foam pads
Pros & Cons
- Excellent treble and midrange
- Lively sound
- Vital and thorough sound
- Fast, punchy bass
- Comfortable on-ear design.
- Open sound multiplication.
- Not the most tranquil sound
- Less than deluxe comfort
- Very high spillage by design.
- No seclusion from surrounding noise, by design.
- No sound controls.
Best Pick under $200
AKG Pro K702 Audio Professional Headphones
AKG is an acoustics engineering and manufacturing company. They are famous for making wireless audio systems, microphones, and headphones. AKG K702 is their impressive set of headphones for monitoring and as well as mastering. It is exquisite and stylish headphone. The sound of this headphone is noticeable, plus all the minor details can be monitored.
These headphones are perfect in terms of design. They are very stylish and elegant looking. They will get all the five stars in term of looks. Their design pros are not just limited to these headphone looks; the there structure is also a good and robust one. That’s why these set of headphones are much durable.
The features of AKG K702 are amazing. Without cable, its weight is just 8.3 oz. These headphones are open-back dynamic headphones with great features. Its stereo jack is gold plated. Its frequency response is 10hz-39.8khz with amazing pitch quality. It has a convertible adapter plug with ¼” connector.
|Fit Style: ||Circumaural (Around the Ear)
|Cable Type: ||Straight
|Replaceable Cable: ||Yes
|Plug Size:||1/8" (1/4" adapter included)
Pros & Cons:
- This is good for hectic work sessions
- For airy and spacious sound this provides a great frequency range
- The over-ear design is easy to wear
- Provides ease of use and optimum fit
- Unique flat-wire with better impulse
- Suitability with Mp3s is not good
- Not neutral and light bass impact
- Comparison to reference speakers make it’s bass inaccurate
- Color availability is not good
- Badly recorded music easily gets highlighted good point but sometimes a bad one too
Best Pick under $300
A multinational corporation which is famous for its diverse consumer electronics. One of the market leaders in terms of electronics, and when is the matter of best studio headphones, best sony headphones as always meet up to mark. They’re one of the best headphone models is MDR 7520. This model is exquisite and made up of precise engineering. This Sony MDR has every quality that you want in high professional best studio headphones for gaming. It is one of the sturdy Best Headphones Under $500.
In the matter of looks, Sony MDR 7520 is very elegant and professional looking headphone. The color of these headphones is made entirely black by covering it with all black artificial leather. This synthetic leather makes the look of this headphone more elegant and professional. The headband is also fully covered with padding with leather on it. The grips of the group are precise plus robust ones. The housing of the headphone is fixed type and moves very little but has a correct grip too. All the professional headphone bits are covered in this set.
These headphones have several features which polish the beauty of these headphones. We are describing some of these elegant features in the best headphones. Exterior design with pleather covering it gives it a very professional and stylish look, and LCP diaphragm makes it robust. Padding on the headbands and ear pads is much covered and excellent plus closed-ear design give the precise fitting of the pads and make it comfortable. It has gold connectors that make it attractive for vigor daily use of connecting and detaching. These headphones have OFC cord wire with oxygen-free copper cable, which enhances its strength. It got stereo to unmatch plug. These headphones have a high power handling capacity of 4000 mW plus a full frequency response up to 80kHz.
|Headphone Type ||Dynamic. Closed
|Magnet Type ||Neodymium
|Driver Size ||50.0mm
|Frequency Response ||5-80kHz
|Impedance ||24 Ohms
|Sensitivity ||108 dB/mW
|Power Handling || 4,000mW
|Plug Type ||Gold, Stereo Unimatch 3.5mm/6.3mm adapter
|Cord Length ||3m (9.8 ft)
|Weight || 269g (9.5 oz)
Pros & Cons:
- Professional look.
- Robust frame.
- Detail definition of sound.
- Comfortable headband and ear pads.
- High power handling and wide frequency range.
- All black.
- Pleather covered on complete headphone gives it a second look as well.
- Sweating while you wear it.
- Not much independence of movement of housing and forks.
- Not available in much colors.
This headphone has got excellent reviews, and its price is under 500. If we talk about the best studio monitoring equipment, this is one of the best choices. This is great because of its focal track record. The tremendous drivers are fitted in these headphones, which provide better performance and quality. These headphones offer ease of use. Here is the acoustic transparency, which makes it different from others.
The design of focal spirit Professional Headphone is like Sony MDR7506, and Focal spirit professional closed-back Circum-Aural studio headphones. Design-wise its look is very good and unique. The slim design makes its a point of attraction for everyone. To spirit professional, its design has added padding. Its design has focused on aesthetics as compared to performance. Overall with slim fit hardware, its performance is refreshing.
Its features include the coiled cable plus detachable. The drivers of 40mm make its performance amazing and smooth. It has headband and consist of ear cups with memory foam. Carrying bags are included in this product make it Best Headphones Under 500. It has a closed-back design.
|THD: ||0.3% (Total Harmonic distortion)
|Audio connector: ||1/8”
|Ear-cup style:|| closed-back
Pros & Cons:
- Without distortion provides quality sound
- Acoustic coupling
- Detailed and accurate sound production
- Ease of use
- Acoustic transparency
- Bulky regarding portability
- Its hardware does not get fit on ears at all
- DT880 sound is better than it and prices same
- They are too heavy
It is Heavenly over-ear headphones that improve Sennheiser’s notoriety. There’s a countless deal to admire about the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless; they sound fantastic, look great, and are adequately adaptable gratitude to an application. Be that as it may, they’re let somewhere around measly 17-hour battery life, and they are significant expenses.
- The closed circumaural configuration, including Bluetooth® wireless innovation.
- Comfortable calfskin headband and earpads
- The astonishing stereo sound over the perceptible range because of Sennheiser’s 18Ω top of the line transducers.
- Robust, foldable headband storage
- Immediate blending to shrewd gadgets utilizing NFC network
- VoiceMax™ innovation using two implicit amplifiers for voice correspondence to underline discourse quality and expel outside noise
- 22 hrs. of battery life length with both Bluetooth® and NoiseGard™ activated
- Comes with a removable sound wire for use in situations where Bluetooth® network isn’t allowed
- USB Charging wire, flight connector and convey case included
- Available in either Dark Anthracite or Pearl Ivory
- Two-year guarantee
Pros & Cons
- Brilliant sound quality
- Cool Design
- Customizable settings
- Bluetooth 5
- aptX LL, aptX, and AAC
- Effective noise termination
- Sound quality
- Excellent manufacture quality
- Multiconnection, quick auto-interface
- Whisper-calm wireless connection
- Refined design
- Breezy arrangement
- USB-C charging
- Battery life isn’t incredible
- More costly than rivals
- Cloth, instead of hard-shell, conveying case
- Wildly unintuitive touch controls
- Need to have the case with you consistently
- Twice the cost and size of AirPods
- Don’t generally turn off when you put them for the situation.
- No in-line mic/remote on 3.5mm wire
Massively high noise-reducing headphones. Conventional for the workplace. The Bowers and Wilkins PX7 has an agreeable fit that you can wear for a considerable length of time. They likewise square encompassing chatter and the noise from an A/C framework well, enabling you to concentrate on your day by day undertakings.
- aptX, aptX HD, aptX Versatile sound
- Wear Recognition sensor
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Adaptive noise canceling
- Space Grey and Silver finish
- 30 long hours of battery
- Charging USB-C
- Battery life 30 hours
- Bluetooth available (underpins aptX Versatile)
- Noise-dropping enable
- Weight 310g
Pros & Cons
- Very delightful
- Superb noise canceling
- Amazing battery life.
- Good ANC feature.
- Sleek-looking with a robust design.
- Bad mouthpiece for calls.
- A bass-substantial, dull audio profile.
- Treble conveyance inconsistencies.
Bose Noise Cancelling Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
Improved wireless and noise-canceling, yet the equivalent sonic capacity. The Bose 700 headphones offer tremendously improved sound dropping for both music and calls alongside a smooth new design.
- 20 hours Battery life
- Weight: 0.56 pounds.
- Eleven levels of noise canceling.
- Can pair with two gadgets at the same time
- USB-C charging port.
- Bluetooth extends up to 33 feet.
- Codecs: AAC and SBC.
Pros & Cons
- Great dynamic noise dropping
- The sleek, new design
- The gesture pad works splendidly.
- Better sounding than the QC35s.
- Calm and comfy
- Option for hands-free Alexa and Bose AR
- Transparency mode.
- Precise, adjusted sound
- Smart, automatic buttons, and touch controls.
- No collapsing pivots
- Battery life
- Microphone cuts off lower notes
- Battery life could be better.
Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WH1000XM3
The Sony’s are a genuinely sublime all-round bundle. It is the third era of Sony’s phenomenal WH1000 remote headphones, and we’re satisfied to state they’re the best yet. They’re lighter than past ages, and comfier gratitude to the gentler padding on, the thicker headband.
- Closed-upheld Style
- Wireless availability
- Yes, to Noise-dropping
- In-line remote and mic present
- Connector: 3.5mm, USB-C
- Weight: 254g
- Cable length is 1.2m
- Very delightful and smooth design.
- Excellent sound quality with control.
- Industry-driving active noise crossing out.
- Easy to utilize application and signal controls.
- Stable battery life and snappy charge ability.
Pros & Cons
- Natural, all-round sound quality
- The best noise counteracting there
- Supremely agreeable
- Extraordinary sound dropping
- Pillowy comfort
- Generous battery life (30 hours)
- Sony has fixed most Mark 2 disappointments.
- Lots of personalization alternatives through the application
- Touch controls feel fiddly from the outset.
- Can uncover more fragile recordings
- Irritating flickering LED status light on the left ear cup.
- A premium value Google Assistant isn’t favorable
- The application can cause some perplexity in the mode chose
- Mediocre call quality
- No on-ear sensor
Shure Incorporated is an American corporation known for its audio products. It manufactures most of the audio products like wireless microphone system, headphones, and high-end earphones. Shure SRH1840 is one of their impressive products.
Shure SRH1840 is the open back pair which has awe-inspiring performance in the competition of high-quality headphones. Everything in this headphone is proving its excellence. It is the most convincing Best Headphones Under 500.
Design of Shure SRH1840 is rock solid. Its frame is made up of premium quality aluminum. The design of this headphone is more good than its price. It is a very lightweight headphone. Its headband can stretch up to an extraordinary extent. Shure SRH1840 is very attractive with its looks. The joint of its band and housings are very clean. It seems like Shure has covered everything in making its excellent design. Designed extremely durable with high-quality materials and sharp engineering.
Very lightweight in structure, and premium quality aluminum alloy core and outer structure of stainless steel make it is more durable. Manufactured with airplane grade aluminum to sustain in daily use. It has oxygen-free copper cable, so it does not get weak or rust and reinforced jacket for more strength. This got Dual exit cables, and gold plated MMCX connectors for safely connecting and detaching its connection. It has two earpads sets which got premium quality foam for absolute comfort. Neodymium drivers for the unparalleled acoustic and precise base.
|Type ||Open-back, circumaural
|Sensitivity ||96 dB SPL/mW
|Maximum Input Power || 1000 mW
|Frequency Range ||10 Hz – 30 kHz
|Weight ||0.59 lbs (268 g)
|Cable Style ||Dual-exit, detachable oxygen-free copper
|Cable Length ||6.9 ft (2.1 m)
|Plug || Gold-plated 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini-jack
|impedance ||65 Ohm
Pros & Cons:
- Drivers for unparallel acoustic performance
- Precise base
- Premium quality aluminum alloy for high durability.
- Elegant and marvelous design plus looks.
- Soft ear pads for comfort use
- Much sleek earpads.
- Earpads not fitting on ears precisely.
- Expensive than its competitive headphones like AKG’s K702.
- Very thin headband.
- Not available in much colors.
Shure SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headphones
It celebrates a fair, robust, and certified musicality. Shure has delivered genuinely premium headphones that make checking a pure joy.
- Cable length is 1.8m
- No Wireless
- Connector: 3.5mm
- Weight: 286g
- 40mm Neodymium Drivers
- Alcantara, Slow Recuperation Froth Earpads
- Closed-Back design for noise Decrease
- Detachable Without oxygen Kevlar Wire
Pros & Cons
- Expansive, open sound
- Ease of utilization
- Exceptional clarity and detail
- Light and agreeable to wear.
- Impressive low-end extension
- Beautifully adjusted
- Cozy, large fit
- Low mids once in a while overwhelmed by the bass.
Multi-endowed, comfortable, and Award-winning all-rounders. The Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless is the best-sounding wireless headphones you can purchase, period. Sound is open, nitty-gritty, and makes you need to rediscover your music library. A possibly not too lousy arrangement of headphones let somewhere near ineffectively fitting earcups.
- Closed Type
- Impedance 32ohms.
- Max power 200mW.
- Cable length 1.2m.
- Bluetooth 4.2 version
- Battery life 30 hrs.
- Weight 380 g.
Pros & Cons
- Nice bass detail
- Clear and organized
- Handles treble well
- Excellent manufacture quality and support
- Detailed, dynamic and open sound
- Sounds similarly as high wired
- Not perfect for transportable
- Mobile application needs work.
- Poor fit
- Catastrophic loss of bass
More than $500
The B&W P9 Signature is a costly pair of headphones, with every penny going towards giving the ideal acoustic experience. Not filled to the overflow with additional features, instead deciding to offer nothing not precisely an extraordinary degree of sound quality, and they sparkle when given top-notch music to sink their teeth.
- The model is P9 Signature.
- Over-ear headphone.
- Nylon damped cone with acoustic covering.
- Large encompass diaphragm.
- Apple MFi Sound input
- 5mm stereo jack
- Drive units. 2x ø40mm (1.6in) full range.
Pros & Cons
- Exceptional detail level
- Clarity over the frequency range
- Comfortable for significant periods
- Best headphones B&W has ever delivered.
- New calculated drivers produce sweet, familiar, and adjusted sound.
- Comfortably fit and lavish modern design.
- Lacking in additional features
- Lends a dim coloration to a few
- The tight-fitting headband needs time to break-in.
- Priced unlikely for numerous
In this post, we have discussed 5 Best Headphones Under 500 in 2020. In a detailed summary, we put together 5 headphones and compared them by checking the specifications and pros & cons. So it is easy for you to choose which headphones suit you and is best for you.